Friday, August 19, 2005

Back from holidays (A bit of a late post)


Hello everyone, I am back!

Going back to my 2nd homeland had a different flavour to it this time. One of the major differences is that I am no longer a student and obviously this meant that i had a lot of dosh in my kitty. It was such a pleasure to be able to look at everything knowing I can afford it this time.
Luckily enough, the weather was splendid throughout my stay there and I had a blast getting everywhere on foot, something I do not get to enjoy in our scorching hot Kuwait. I pigged out on every junk there is in the UK, shopped til i dropped and stayed up so late (something I do not get to do much during working days).
You see, holidays are not complete until you you get shit forced down your throat. I was looking forward to getting back home to show off my new clothing items and to get back to my 'addictive' workaholic routine. So, I get to the airport and only 5 minutes away from my terminal, I hear on the news that bloody British Airways went on strike. I happily got stuck in the airport for 2 nights, and had to queue for up to 6 hours to get my flights re-routed to get back home. I managed to get to Kuwait after spending almost 24 hours travelling. and to top it all up, my luggage did not arrive with me, which made me ever so miserable.
Anyhow, I am safe and sound and that's what is important. For the first time in my life I did not suffer from post-holidays depression, and that is thanks to the BA strike! I hope I will be fully recovered for my next trip.....

2 comments:

Luckybellybuddha said...

aint home sweet. 7amdillah 3ala salamtich :-)

Babbler said...

Allah esalmik ya mistle :D