Monday, February 20, 2006

Face off


Hi everyone..I am not quite back, but I have a little space for an intermittent comeback. I do not care if that did not make sense, as I am ill again!!!!!!!
If you are interested, I am deeply immersed in intensive revision for an up-coming exam which I am taking voluntarily. I have been a very good student, and I am being very boring, but what to do. Since my last post, I have been accumulating a pile of 'To write on my blog' next to my bed and on my desk top and I just never got round to doing it.

So, some of you will notice that the reported news here are a bit dusty, but I do not care as I have an opinion and I NEED TO VOICE it..


Something which got my attention was: The first partial-facial transplant.
When I saw the bulletin on the BBC I was impressed. I saw and heard the lady speak in the televised conference, and though the facial muscles were nonfunctional, the aesthetic results were astounding. The only abnormality about her appearance, is that while speaking the mouth does not move and the face does not resume normal gestures. However, with physiotherapy and speech therapy both should improve dramatically. I feel for her for having to go through the constant gulping of medicine for the rest of her life and the worry that her body might reject the graft tissue.
a dichotomy which coexists: Some doctors try to 'reconstruct' beauty while others try to reconstruct faces...

2 comments:

Jan6a said...

Salamaat buddy hehe intay kila mareetha? Mathoofen shar duder.

Yeah I saw the results of the transplant very impressive.

Good Luck on your exams. Chan zain my exams were voluntary as well hehe I know I'd choose not to take them.

Babbler said...

Allah esalmich..I am not sure why I am getting ill so frequently. ma teraga3t since the beginning of the new year...I hope this will be the end of it.

Thanks for your wishes..the same goes for your involuntary exams :-)