Thursday, February 23, 2006

I know Christmas is way over: ما حكم تهنئة الكفار بعيد الكريسماس

It was one of those 'public holiday' weekends when I had on-call duties. Not many patients turned up and I got bored with reading my book for two consecutive hours. So, I decided to walk around the place for the sake of killing time.

Strangely enough, I came across this A4 sheet of paper stuck on the wall right next to the 'closed' pharmacy window. This piece of paper had the 'Fatwa alshar3eya' on sending the 'infidels' Christmas greetings. Obviously, it was only in Arabic so none of the 'infidels' can get an insight in how the believers think of them. I was selfish enough to rip the paper off the wall and keep it all for myself, as it is great for self education.
Below is part of the fatwa, obviously in Arabic, and typing it up took me over a day!

تهنئة الكفار بعيد الكريسماس أو غيره من أعيادهم الدينية حرام بالإتفاق,كما نقل ذلك ابن القيم - رحمه الله- في كتابه (أحكام أهل الذمة) , حيث قال: (و أما التهنئة بشعائر الكفر المختصة به فحرام بالإتفاق, مثل أن يهنئهم بأعيادهم و صومهم, فيقول: عيد مبارك عليك, أو: تهنأ بهذا العيد و نحوه, فهذا ان سلم قائله من الكفر فهو من المحرمات, و هو بمنزلة أن يهنئه بسجوده للصليب, بل ذلك أعظم إثما عند الله, و أشد مقتا من التهنئة بشرب الخمر و قتل النفس, و ارتكاب الفرج الحرام و نحوه, و كثير ممن لا قدر للدين عنده يقع في ذلك, و لا يدري قبح ما فعل, فمن هنأ عبداً بمعصية أو بدعة أو كفر فقد تعرض لمقت الله و سخطه. انتهى كلامه - رحمه الله
After reading this, I have come to realise that I am so going to hell....
so, who is joining me?

7 comments:

iDip said...

I don't think you'll need to type all this again, the fatwa you mentioned & many others are available on this blog here
(I think I'm offering them free marketing)

It's all because some muslims think they're the centre of this world, and others are religiously inferior.

Such ideas really irritates me, that's why I wrote a 'fake' khutba immitating those who forbid sharing the joy with christians or any other human being, you can find it
here

Jan6a said...

hehe i'll definitely be joining u :P

Babbler said...

idip: Sorry for publishing such old fatwa, but I have only found this couple of weeks back in a random place far away from Kuwait City where all the hooligans reside. It is disgusting...but the problem is that there are a huge proportion of people who go by these things.
Whenever I find such kharabee6 lying around in my work place I usually take them and destroy them alone.
you know what else irritates me: them religious A3 pamphlets they include for free with the daily papers..they are full of freaky ideas, fatwas and pictures. I am going to blog about them one day..

jan6a: at least I won't feel lonely :-D

Luckybellybuddha said...

will i be able to bring my laptop with me?

Luckybellybuddha said...

Idip, I think you meant to say "needed" & without "will" since the post is -already- up buddy..no?
& babbler esh7aga sorry m8y? this crap's always been around, you just came across a version of it that you've not seen before (that particular sheet I mean)& brought it up & so it happens that neither of your other readers've seen it before.
Keep posting & gl with work :-)
wv dazwrg- hope death angel shags zargawi

Shurouq said...

You did good ripping it off the wall, Babbler..
And it's time the MOH ridded its hospitals and clinics of such crap

Babbler said...

luckybelly: If you happen to have a hell-proof laptop, you can definitely bring it along.
I am trying to post as much as I can, as you know how busy my days are now...

shurouq: Thanks shushu. I don't think MoH will ever stop posting such crap there. The sad thing is that whom they consider the 'infidels' are the ones who are running the hospitals and the services in Kuwait..and then they slag them behind their backs..shame