Friday, May 05, 2006

cravings

For the entire week, I have been craving simplicity. Every time I had a moment to myself at work, I would deeply visualise myself walking in a third-world country (I am well aware that Kuwait is one of them, but I think it is way too far away from simple). I close my eyes and feel the breeze, the heat, the variant scents mingled with sweat and cooking aroma and the hussle and bussle of market.
The closest place in Kuwait which can meet part my expectations, is down town Kuwait City. So, on Friday afternoon I put on my kurta pyjama and set off to there. Boy I loved walking amongst all the Immigrants who go to 'Maliya'. The short walk there made me so happy. Shame the weather was not a little cooler...
I'm glad that my annual holiday is drawing closer...

No comments: