Saturday, May 17, 2008

Skype is blocked

Skype got blocked by the Ministry!
What a load of bullocks!!!!!

=================================================
Update: Just to clarify matters, the site is blocked if you are on KEMS only. the actual software is not blocked. You will log-in and use it as you normally do. However, their website is blocked. Therefore, if you wish to download or update the software, it won't allow you. In addition to the difficulties in topping-up your account if you normally do it through the Skype account.
My question is: why KEMS but not Qnet? Can someone find out if this is a mistake or will Qnet follow?

3 comments:

dishevelled said...

the site?
Or the program?? (if thats possible to block)

I was just considering using it for my overseas friends since my phone bill is becoming very painful

Bojacob said...

Really? It's working here somehow.

I'm on Qnet.

Babbler said...

dishevelled
The program still runs but the site doesn't. You can't top up your account with the site being blocked! Plus, I don't think it is safe to try to top up your account through a proxy site...very angering news.

bojacob:
I'm on Zajil (KEMS) and the site is blocked