Saturday, May 17, 2008

Voting

In earlier posts, I said that I was not going to vote simply because I felt that there were no worthy candidates running this time. As much as I was excited about women gaining their political rights in Kuwait, I was equally disappointed about them completely neglecting the multitude of important issues concerning women in Kuwait. This of course is singling out the candidate Ms. Almagheet, who candidly suggested that Kuwait should only allow 'ugly' demostic-workers so that wives can clamp down on their husband's infidelities.

So, voting is what I did today and it was my first time ever. I thought things were very organised, though I did create a bit of a mess when I unintentionally crashed myself into a queue. I hope I made the right choice...

Good luck everyone, counting will start shortly...

2 comments:

Jewaira said...

Good for you

I can't believe that Magheet said that!!

Babbler said...

jewaira
Yup, I couldn't believe it myself. Hence, she only got 10 votes :-)