Thursday, November 03, 2005

Eid Mubarak (aka عيد مبارك)

At last, Ramadan is over. Towards the end of the holy month, bodies grow weaker, minds fatigue and nostrils become extra sensitive to the scent of coffee beans. At that point, everyone awaits the announcement of Eid eagerly. When it becomes clear that Ramadan is of 30 days, fasting this extra day becomes such a chore.
I am not a great fan of the Eid rituals, by that I mean the excessive visitation you are obliged to do for the family. I enjoy getting back to the old routine of eating and drinking, I love grooming myself and looking like a glamour puss and not to forget handing over presents or 3eediyas.
So far, I am not having a great Eid for a number of reason which I do not wish to highlight here. Let's just say...I wish I'd gone away (The constant wish which never comes true).
So people, on this day I wish you all a عيد مبارك

3 comments:

Jan6a said...

dude 6igeelich safra and '3ayray jaw!
I never did the whole 3eed thing, when i was back in Kuwait my parents made sure we left the country so yeah :p

Jan6a said...

!

Babbler said...

jan6a:
One can only learn from his/her mistakes. I will make sure that I am away for the next coming 3eeeedS.
as for the ! = I am still fasting (not enjoying it) and with my actual work load, I do not have any brain cells left to blog.

shewolf:
It is not fun when you become part of the Soap Opera, and this is exactly what happened to me this year. Lucky that you are away MAN :-D