Friday, October 28, 2005

Failed attempts at finding normality..

Having recovered from that horrible flu, I am trying to find my grounds again. The combination of extremely elevated temperature and fasting was not pleasant at all. I really did not want to break my fast (I know I am an idiot), but I did not fancy accumulating more days to make up later after Ramadan. I endured long hours of an intense believe that the white and grey matter of my brain was turning into a mush and I will lose all my memory (I wish), but this did not wean my determination to stick to abstaining from much needed liquids (barking mad..I know). I have to admit that I slept for hours and hours, obviously my body needed, but also I did not realise that the coughing syrup I was galloping 3 times after iftar time was making my limps ever so heavy. You see, because of the horrible cough I had, which made my abdominal muscles including my rib cage ache, I thought carrying on taking this bloody syrup will do me just GREAT. Until I read the bottle...I thought MoH have non-drowsy coughing syrup just like the UK!
Naturally, I stopped taking the syrup. Then I realised what I got myself into.
Feeling energised again plus + nothing to do + extra energy because I slept a lot in the previous 10 days = sleepless, and restless babbler..
Thursday night during the last 10 days of Ramadan is not fun. You can hardly decide to drive to have a coffee somewhere in Salmiyah, let alone be in a quiet area with a book.
So, I was on my bed rolling all over until the early hours of the morning. I just could not sleep last night. I am feeling extremely frustrated, missing things I do not have any more and wanted to get away but not knowing where to..I wanted answers and I needed patience (something I have not mastered well yet)...
I Switched on the TV, movie channel and then ta-dah, heard some Irish natter, checked the title and it was 'Intermission'. I thought..let me watch it, I needed to connect to something close to my heart. I never heard of this movie, so it must have been a small budget movie or something. It was starring: Colin Farrell, Shirley Henderson, Cillian Murphy and Kelly Macdonald. It was such a fun movie to watch..I laughed out so much..it cracked me up. I found some photos on the net to post here, but the uploading mechanism is not working..so sorry for the technical failure. Please try to watch it, it is a good light-hearted comedy..I loved the bit when the TV crew realised the shadow was a moustache!
==================================
I was once told that hope was my worst enemy. My hoping mechanism is failing. Whether I want to regain it again, I am not sure. I am just surprised how it does not operate in areas which are much needed...maybe I should engage into cognitive re-interpretation. This should be my next self assignment..

5 comments:

Jan6a said...

"It was well for Pandora that she opened the box a second time, for the gods, with a sudden impulse of compassion, had concealed among the evil spirits one kindly creature, Hope, whose mission was to heal the wounds inflicted by her fellow prisoners."

wv: uxsqyn - U Sexaay Queen!

Temetwir said...

7amdela 3alsalama

whats with the hope mechanism though

Babbler said...

jan6a:
I am trying to figure what Pandora has in common with the Sexaay Queen? please enlighten me..

temetwir:
Allah esalmek. It is natural for the hope mechanism to fail every now and then, especially in Kuwait :D

Jan6a said...

The comment to your post ended with the world prisoners.

The wv- word verication isn't part of the comment, its for my entertainment. A game created by mama fusla where you make a sentence/word out of the letters provided, u dig?

my word verication now is : urmanl (u're manly! :P)

Babbler said...

jan6a:
I like this wv game, gets your mind to work. not sure if I can make something out of today's though..

wv: zeltsqay = zebra lets play (3ala wazn qay) lol! can't think of anything else

shewolf:
What I also hate is when you have tons to do, but no energy to do much and you you're just too tired to sleep so you end up super stressed.