Sunday, October 09, 2005

Advantages of living in Kuwait: 2. Ramadan working hours

Listening to: Another lonely day by Ben Harper and Pearl Jam
As Ramadan was approaching, I made a conscious decision that I should take this month to relax. This of course was in gratitude to the fact that my 'governmental' working hours were so short. In addition to the fact that eating activities are deducted, hence more hours to spare. I thought the equation which I am facing at present is:
Late start + 4 official working hours + no work-related activities in the afternoon + guilt-free siesta + night life (not the wild type) = time to SLEEP & RELAX
So, day one of the fasting month started and thankfully enough I stuck to my relaxation vows. I started my long walks again, continued reading my lovely novel and also managed to refresh my memory with information I had to read for work. I love it when I come back from work and go straight to bed sleeping for as long as I want and not to have to worry about how it will affect my sleep at night.
I paid hard for the years I spent fasting in the UK. I had to be at University from early mornings until past If6ar time. So, having such luxury just handed over to me is overwhelming. At work, so many were complaining that we should get the whole month as a holiday. I say, some people just take things for granted. At least those 4 hours or so at work make the day go faster and only help you to sleep more in the afternoon.
Again, thank you lazy government officials for allowing us a free and paid relaxation month.
========================
I realised what was wrong with my template. It was all down to my browser which decided to play up. It is too complex and long to put down here. I am just happy that things are all back to normal again..
========================
Reasoning with someone who sees the glass half empty torments you

No comments: