Friday, October 21, 2005

It's that time of year again...


People, I am down with a cold. oh boy, I hate it when it happens. For some reason, I always get cold & flus on weekends which for some of you, is a bonus, for for me it is not. I was absolutely okay on Wed, until night time when I developed this mild cough. Thursday morning involved a mild chest wheeze and a headache, until noon time when the wonderful flavour of cold hit my taste buds. The feeling was ' oh no, not now'.
I was in bed early, not happy with the aches and pains. I slept for long hours, but kept on waking up in the middle of the night a number of times. Friday, was more sleeping and stronger coughing..and now, I am getting sniffly..
Why do I always get ill during Ramadan? Last time I had a cold was last Ramadan too! I can find one reason, the unhealthy diet takes its toll on your immune system especially with the funny sleeping hours.
Looking at the brighter side of things, the weather is getting better! oh joy..I love winters and cold air, the thought of it just makes my heart flutter. Hopefully, by the time I rid myself of this cold, I will be enjoying this lovely weather to the fullest.
In the mean time, I will be reading blogs, watching telly, sleeping and doing work-related reading..

4 comments:

Jan6a said...

salamaat buddy ! if it makes u feel any better the letter "L" is jammed on my keyboard i have to type it 3 times before it come out "lllll"

Hope u feel better, drink loads of water and try to forgedabout it' :)

Temetwir said...

matshofeen shar, to be honest i get happy when i get a cold at the beginning of winter.. that way i know ill sail thru the rest of it not sick

Babbler said...

Thank you guys for your lovely wishes. I am slowly recovering my from this seasonal flu.
I still have a nasty cough, which I know will linger for ages..

I just hope that this flu will be it for the remainder of winter..

Babbler said...

SheWolf: welcome to my blog and thank you for the tip. Gladly, I have survived the flu. I will keep this recipe for next time when it is needed.
your choco recommendation makes you an excellent physician my dear..you just know what patients like to hear :D