Friday, September 02, 2005

Advantages of living in Kuwait: 1. Public holidays


As days go by, I slowly come to realise the advantages of living in Kuwait. So, I decided to run this series about the positives of the lifestyle in this part of the world.

Today, the highlight is Public holidays.

During the past 2 weeks, I was suffering from serious shortage of sleep to the extent I thought I had some sort of illness. Work was, and will be, hectic especially as people are returning back from holidays. I cannot afford taking some time off, nor I had money to go away again after the disaster I endured few weeks back. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Saturday is a holiday for the celebration of 'Isra & Me3raj'. I decided to do serious sleep. Thankfully, after 2 nights of semi-hibernation, all the illness-like symptoms have disappeared and I can say that I am officially functional again. Had I been in the UK, this sleep-shortage would have accumulated for days on end until I came down with a flu.

Therefore, I would like to submit special Thanks to the hard-working, ever-so-sweating ministry officials for allowing us to have free-lazy days....

Now, you must be wondering why on earth I have Alicia Keys on this post? Well, I was hung on this album for the duration of the waking hours of this weekend. I had 'if I ain't got you' on repeat most of the time. Although I am mainly into alternative music, but I love Alicia's voice.

4 comments:

Luckybellybuddha said...

it is sooo great to know you're in high spirits & well. I just hope kwt doesn't let you down after the uplift since it is a very strong possibility.
Happy days 6ool 3omrich inshallah :-)

Babbler said...

Thank you mistle ;-)

I think the sleep is pumping my blood with plenty of endorphins :D

Mother Courage said...

she's a DIVA

have u listened to "karma" ?

Babbler said...

I love karma too..

her voice is stunning, it sounds even better in live performances on tv