Wednesday, December 28, 2005

late night natter..

It is the start of a long weekend in Kuwait, and I am spending my first night at home doing nothing. I have zillion matters pending in my cerebral hemispheres, which is not the healthiest at this hour. Some of these issues are important and others are just very trivial..so, let me share the latter..
I have noticed that I do not read newspapers. The only thing I do with the daily paper is a quick flick and then a close glance at the last page and voila! I am done. I have reasons for not wanting to read Kuwaiti local papers, as I consider them very biased and full of a$$-lickers. I rarely get to read anything interesting in there and if anyone of you had noticed, I mainly comment on last-page columns on my blog. The whole point is I am comforted by the fact that I don't create unnecessary headache for myself, but sometimes I feel that I am a little silly for completely boycotting Kuwaiti papers from my life. The bizarre thing is that I read newspapers of the countries I travel to but not my owns!
Anyhow, maybe I should not worry about it too much as I do not think I am missing out..
What else? I fancy buying this new lipstick which I was planning to do today but I did not get the time. A co-worker was wearing it earlier this week and boy she looked so pretty. so I am going to purchase it hoping it will make me look a bit as pretty as she is..
I am used to doing pre-sleep chat with my sweetheart and I think he fell asleep early tonight. I feel odd as I am wide awake and trying to find something to do until I get drowsy. how come I forgot how to occupy myself when I had no one in my life? strange...
Behaviour is very much culture specific. Knowing how to mould and condition someone's behaviour depends on culture as well as universal concepts. One has to be familiar with both as with the great amalgamation of cultures we are witnessing these days we have to be open-minded to all tactics. I know it doesn't sound like rocket-science but applying it is not as easy as saying it...

2 comments:

Luckybellybuddha said...

This is not fair..ha? am not saying more here..:-p

walla tabeen ra'yee? you read one paper in kuwait, you've read them all, & with the internet & tv (not ktv of course) kuwaiti papers are totally limited to local stuff such as el majlis el-baladi, 3awad barad & stuff, so yeah, just flip through em big time.. I just do the quick browsing you do but on the net :-)
hmmm.. "I forgot how to occupy myself "..may'7alif atfalsaf shwaya please?.. yemkin 3alashan ba3th el-nas ellie damhom was determined by 3ayara to be palatable have made it difficult for babs to be alone again?..ana agool maybe ya3ni..! :-*

Babbler said...

mistletoe What is not fair exactly?
your reasons for my transient amnesia could be right, I am still investigating though...:P